1. Fondue Dinner at Home
Pick up a fondue set and skip the expensive dinner out at a restaurant and have a fondue dinner at home.
You will need:
- 1 lb. of cheese: Mix of Gruyère, Swiss, Oka, Cheddar, etc.
- Traditional fondue also calls for 1 cup of white wine, 2 tablespoons of corn starch, and rubbing the inside of the pot with some garlic.
- Extra liquid of your choice to dilute the mixture if it starts becoming too thick.
- Artisan bread
- Boiled mini-potatoes
- Steamed veggies (I like Broccoli Florets)
- Assorted cured meats cut into cubes
- Fruit such as apples and pears
2. Game Night at Home
Some of my favorite 2 Player Games:
3. Have a Progressive Dinner Date
Have an appetizer at one restaurant, dinner somewhere else, coffee & dessert at another closer to home.
This tour is a progressive dinner in Toronto’s Little Italy neighborhood.
4. Sweets Tour of Your City
Toronto has a few to choose from:
Most larger cities also have something similar but you can also come up with one on your own. You can visit a couple of bakeries in search of the best cupcake, chocolate, or ice cream at local establishments in your neighborhood.
5. Take a Brewery Tour
You’ll learn something new about the brewery process and what makes that particular brewery unique. You’ll also enjoy some samples in a setting that makes it perfectly acceptable to start drinking in the afternoon. You might also find your new favorite brew!
Toronto has an all-day beer tour that will take you to 4 breweries:
Regardless of what you do or where you go on your date night, always make an effort to focus on the conversation and getting to know each other a little bit better. If you need a little bit of help figuring out topics to talk about, you could try:
- Where would you like to live after you retire?
- If you could choose your own name, what would you choose and why?
- Describe your dream vacation.
- If you could eat one type of food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What one thing would you like to do differently than your parents?
- If you could be an expert at anything, what would it be?
- What’s something you’re glad you’ll never have to do again?
- Would you rather give or receive bad advice?
- Would you rather have more money or more time?